Results of the 23rd edition of the KOŁO competition "Bathroom Design 2021"
On November 29, we learned the results of the 23rd edition of the KOŁO competition "Bathroom Design 2021". As every year, the organizer was the Geberit company.
This year's edition concerned the design of a public toilet, which will be located in the Tatra National Park - in the area of the Hucisko Glade in the Chocholowska Valley. The competition was also intended to draw attention to the shortage of toilets and the conditions in public toilets in Poland, which often leave much to be desired.
The competition was open and aimed at architects and students, with a prize pool of PLN 50,000. It was divided into: Grand Prix, honorable mentions, special awards and Debut of the Year. The submitted works could also be judged by Internet users, voting for the Audience Award on the FB profile of the competition. The jury did not award the "Debut of the Year" prize.
The 178 works submitted were evaluated by the Competition Jury, consisting of:
- Prof. Ewa Kuryłowicz, Ph.D. - Faculty of Architecture, Warsaw University of Technology, Kuryłowicz & Associates, SARP Warsaw judge.
- Robert Konieczny - KWK Promes
- Przemysław Powalacz - CEO of Geberit Sp. z o.o.
- Aleksandra Kozłowska - KWK Promes Winner of the Koło competition
- Magdalena Federowicz-Boule - Tremend
- dr hab. prof. of the Academy of Fine Arts Jan Sikora - Sikora Wnętrza
- Przemo Łukasik - medusa group
- Filip Zięba - Deputy Director of Tatra National Park
- Ewa Holek-Krzysztof - Tatra National Park
- Jan Karpiel-Bułecka Senior - architect, musician
- Marcin Rząsa - sculptor, arranger and curator of exhibitions, Tatra guide
- Agnieszka Gregorczyk - representative of the Koscielisko municipality
- Justyna Zborowska - secretary of the competition
TheGrand Prix of the 23rd edition of the KOŁO competition and 19 thousand zlotys was awarded to the project entitled Raised Meadow by Marcin Gierbienis (Gierbienis + Poklewski) and Ewa Pokrywa.