Architectural competition for the Cultural and Traditional Center of the Dewin-Biberstein Castle in Zary
SARP Zielona Góralocation
On October 21, 2022, the results of a one-stage competition for the concept of adapting the castle ruins into the Cultural and Traditional Center of the Dewin-Biberstein Castle in Zary and the concept of land development in the area indicated as the scope of the competition study were announced.
The competition works were to clearly indicate the spatial, functional, programmatic and other solutions proposed by the competition participant, which were important for the idea of the presented concept. In terms of graphics, the competition work was to be characterized by the legibility of textual and drawing information.
Competition projects were evaluated according to the following equivalent criteria in their category:
- attractiveness of the proposed architectural and development solutions,
- functional-utility efficiency of the castle complex,
- functional-utility efficiency and accessibility of the development,
- application in the building and development of solutions related to energy efficiency and climate neutrality,
- the way in which conservation recommendations are implemented in the concept,
- feasibility and economic optimization of the adopted solutions in relation to the cost of implementation of the investment,
- the degree to which the proposed solutions take into account the cost of use and maintenance of the investment.
The Competition Jury consisted of:
- Mariusz Ścisło - chairman judge, competition judge SARP Warsaw Branch,
- Leon Szapowałow - referee, competition judge SARP Branch Zielona Góra,,
- Paweł Gołębiowski - competition judge SARP Branch Zielona Góra,
- Paweł Kochański - competition judge SARP Branch Zielona Góra,
- Dr. Andrzej Legendziewicz - expert in the field of historic preservation,
- Marek Iwlew - competition judge on the part of the ordering party, head of the department,
- Ireneusz Brzezinski - competition judge on the part of the ordering party, head of the department,
- Rafał Fularski - Competition judge on the part of the ordering party, head of the department.
The first prize went to the 3MK, Projekt, Marcin Kwietowicz and Pracownia Projektowa Zuzanna Bujacz-Jaworska studio.
Second prize went to the Heinle, Wischer und Partner Architekci studio
Third prize went to the Prolog studio.
Honorable mentions went to Joanna Niećko and NM Architects.