Results of the House in the Landscape competition for the design of a climate-neutral house inspired by the traditional architecture of the Mazovian province
Mazovian Voivodeship Government, Warsaw Branch of SARPlocation
On December 6 this year, at the headquarters of the SARP Warsaw Branch, the results of a two-stage competition for the design of a climate-neutral house inspired by the traditional architecture of the Mazovian Voivodeship called House in the Landscape, Edition I - White and Green Kurpie and the Vistula area of Western Mazovia, were announced.
The purpose of the competition was to obtain exemplary designs of single-family houses with contemporary features and solutions, while at the same time matching the traditional cultural landscape of a part of the Mazovian province - the Kurpie region and the areas along the Vistula River from Warsaw to Plock.
The competition had a studious, open and nationwide character and was conducted in two stages.
The subject of the competition was to develop a conceptual design for a single-family detached house together with the development of an exemplary plot. The design was to be climate-neutral and refer to the best traditions of building in harmony with the natural environment and landscape, using available local materials and technologies.
Concepts submitted to the competition were to be preliminary and sketchy in nature, and could be hand-drawn drawings.
The works submitted for the competition were evaluated by a jury consisting of:
- Bolesław Stelmach - chairman, competition judge SARP Warsaw
- Piotr Jurkiewicz - competition judge SARP Warsaw, referee.
- Aleksandra Zubelewicz-Lada - competition judge SARP Warsaw, assistant referee
- Michał Sikorski - competition judge SARP Warsaw
- Małgorzata Przytuła - Chief Specialist in the Department for the Creation of Cultural and Tourist Spaces of the Department of Culture, Promotion and Tourism of the Marshal's Office of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship in Warsaw.
- Dominika Piluk - Inspector at the Department for the Creation of Cultural and Tourist Space of the Department of Culture, Promotion and Tourism of the Office of the Marshal of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship in Warsaw.
The function of secretary of the competition was performed by
country arch. Rafał Mroczkowski - competition judge of SARP Warsaw Branch.
Of the 30 projects submitted, the jury awarded 10, giving them ex aequo distinctions.
All the awarded projects will be included in a catalog of model solutions for climate-neutral single-family homes for the White and Green Kurpie region and the Vistula area of Western Mazovia. The catalog will be addressed to future investors in order to purchase from the authors of the works full design documentation allowing the implementation of the investment.