deadline for submitting works12.04.2023
Second edition of the Bohdan Lachert and Jozef Szanajca Award for the Best Architecture of Saska Kepa
organizer: ŁADna Kępa Association
The organizer of the competition, the ŁADna Kępa Association, has established the Bohdan Lachert and Józef Szanajca Award. Bohdan Lachert and Józef Szanajca for the best architecture of Saska Kępa, which aims to award honorable mentions to investors (private owners, communities, cooperatives or developers) and to promote investments (reconstructions, extensions, renovations, new buildings) made while preserving the character and specificity of Warsaw's unique neighborhood of Saska Kępa.
The organizers also envisage honoring realizations in the field of small architecture, aesthetics and greenery.
The purpose of the award is also to honor Bohdan Lachert and Jozef Szanajca - architects of the Polish avant-garde who lived and worked in Saska Kepa.
terms and conditions
The award is given in successive editions, possibly every 3-4 years.
The award is given to a developer for renovation or modernization of an existing building or construction of a new building.
- new construction investment,
- renovation or modernization of existing buildings.
Candidates can also be submitted for awards in the areas of:
- small architecture,
- public spaces,
- interior adaptation.
Candidates for the Award can be submitted by all interested parties, including any natural persons, legal persons and organizational units without legal personality.
Candidacies can only concern objects located within the administrative boundaries of Saska Kępa completed between 2016 and 2022.
The application should include the exact address of the investment, the approximate date of its implementation, the name of the investor and designer, and a brief justification of the proposal.
The prize is a commemorative plaque funded by the Capital Conservator of Monuments, which will be placed on the facade of the building, and diplomas for the investor and designer of the investment. Distinguished realizations in the field of small architecture and greenery will be honored with a diploma.
- deadline for submitting candidates: until April 12, 2023, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- selection of winners: April 25, 2023,
- award ceremony: June 5, 2023 at the Saska Kępa Cultural PROM at 23 Brukselska Street.
Entries will be judged by the competition chapter consisting of:
- Grzegorz Rytel, Ph.D. - assistant professor at the Faculty of Architecture, Warsaw University of Technology, head of the Department of Architectural Heritage and Art,
- Dr. Hanna Faryna-Paszkiewicz - art historian, varsavianist, all her professional life associated with the Art Institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences (head of the Bibliography of Polish Art laboratory), currently lectures history of art and architecture at the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw),
- Ewa Lachert-Stryjkowska - architect, Master of Science in Engineering,
- Klaudiusz Przedmojski- architect, many years of academic training at the Faculty of Architecture at the Warsaw, Lodz and Stockholm Universities of Technology.
- Prof . Jerzy Boguslawski - architect,
- Katarzyna Zalasińska, Ph,
- Krzysztof Koszewski , Ph.D. - architect, research and teaching fellow at the Faculty of Architecture, Warsaw University of Technology.
For more information about the current and previous editions, visit the competition website.