deadline for submitting works29.01.2023
9th edition of the Architectural Award of the President of the City of Warsaw.
organizer: President of the City of Warsaw
The 9th edition of the competition for the Architectural Award of the President of the City of Warsaw, which awards Warsaw buildings, places and events of 2022, is underway.
The purpose of the competition is to reward the authors of completed projects and realized architectural events, which distinguished themselves by the highest level of functional and spatial solutions and exceptional social and environmental significance.
TheArchitecture Prize of the President of the City of Warsaw is awarded in cooperation with the Warsaw Branch of the Association of Polish Architects, the Mazovian Regional Chamber of Architects of the Republic of Poland and the Warsaw Branch of the Society of Polish Urban Planners.
terms and conditions
Candidates for the Award may be submitted by residents of Warsaw, as well as architectural studios, designers or development companies. Projects, events and architectural undertakings that took place in Warsaw in 2022 can be submitted.
The jury nominates and then awards prizes in the categories: Public Utility Architecture, Commercial Architecture, Residential Architecture, New Life of Buildings, Public Space Design, Architectural Event, Environmental Solutions Award, Accessibility Solutions Award, especially for people with limited mobility, and Grand Prix.
Detailed information is included in the regulations.
- Applications for the Award: January 16-29, 2023
- Residents' poll: May 1-21, 2023
- Announcement of winners: June 14, 2023
- Grand Prix: PLN 50,000 gross
- Residents' Prize: PLN 20,000 gross
- Environmental Solutions Award: PLN 20,000 gross
- Award for accessibility solutions, especially for people with limited mobility or perception: PLN 20,000 gross
- Michał Olszewski (chairman of the jury, Deputy Mayor of the City of Warsaw)
- Marlena Happach (Architect of the City, Director of the Office of Architecture and Spatial Planning of the City of Warsaw)
- Donata Kończyk (Plenipotentiary of the President of the City of Warsaw for accessibility)
- Ewa Janczar (Chairwoman of the Spatial Order Commission of the Warsaw City Council)
- Łukasz Górzyński (Chairman of the Mazovian Regional Chamber of Architects of the Republic of Poland)
- Tomasz Majda (Chairman of the Municipal Urban Planning and Architectural Commission)
- Magdalena Federowicz-Boule (Representative of the Board of the Warsaw Branch of the Association of Polish Architects)
- Anna Tofiluk (Representative of the Sustainable Architecture Circle of the Warsaw Branch of the Association of Polish Architects)
- Judyta Wesołowska (Representative of the Board of Directors of the Warsaw Branch of the Society of Polish Urban Planners)
- Ewa Porębska (Editor-in-chief of Architektura-Murator monthly)
- Grzegorz Piątek (architectural historian)
- Marcin Szczelina (critic and curator of architecture)
Detailed information about the competition can be found on the official competition website.