Results of the competition for the design of the complex of buildings of the Court of Appeals and the Mazovian Provincial Assembly at Swietojerska Street in Warsaw.
Court of Appeals and Mazowieckie Provincelocation
On May 13, we got to know the results of the limited, one-stage execution competition SARP No. 1013 for the development of a functional and spatial concept for the investment called "Construction of a building for the needs of the Court of
Court of Appeals in Warsaw and construction of headquarters for provincial organizational units, provincial legal persons, as well as companies in which the
Mazowieckie Voivodship holds shares or stocks, on the real estate at 9 Świętojerska Street in Warsaw".
The competition was oranized by the Court of Appeals in Warsaw and the Mazowieckie Voivodeship, and conducted by the Association of Polish Architects.
The purpose of the competition was to design two separate buildings: for the needs of the Court, as well as for the needs of the Provincial Assembly and the Agency for the Development of Mazovia on a plot of land at the intersection of Swietojerska and Telakowska Streets near the New Town, adjacent to the Court Building located on Krasinskich Square. The color scheme and division of the facades of the new buildings were to refer to the Court Building.
The submitted projects were evaluated by an eight-member Competition Jury consisting of:
- Jacek Lenart - competition judge of SARP Szczecin Branch, chairman of the Coordination Team of Competition Judges of SARP,
- Jacek Krych - referee, competition judge SARP Katowice Branch
- Jerzy Grochulski - competition judge, competition judge SARP Warsaw Branch,
- Malwina Łazęcka-Malińska - Court of Appeal in Warsaw,
- Grzegorz Chruściel - Marshal's Office of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship,
- Beata Was - president of the Court of Appeals in Warsaw,
- Urszula Slawinska - chief specialist of the Office of Architecture and Spatial Planning of the Warsaw City Hall.
- Agnieszka Klimczak - head of the Investment Implementation Department of the Marshal's Office of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship.
The function of secretary of the competition was performed by Marek Szeniawski - competition judge of SARP Warsaw Branch, landscape architect.
The competition entries were judged on the basis of:
- attractiveness of the proposed architectural solutions, land development and spatial connection with the surroundings - 35%,
- functional and spatial solutions of the designed buildings - 35%,
- economic solutions during the use of the building, pro-ecological and energy-saving solutions in the designed buildings - 20%,
- the maximum planned cost of execution of works implemented on the basis of the work
competition - 10%.
The Competition Jury awarded the following prizes:
First Prize in the amount of PLN 50 thousand gross and an award in the form of an invitation to negotiate in the form of a sole-source contract for the detailed development of the competition work was given to the Praga Project.
Second Prize in the amount of PLN 30 thousand gross was awarded to the design team consisting of: Wojciech Młynarczyk Architect and TPF.
Third Prize in the amount of PLN 20 thousand gross was awarded to the design initiative.
A non-statutory Honorable Mention was awarded to the P2PA studio.
All the awarded works can be seen below.