Results of the competition for the design of the revitalization of the Old Vinegar House building with its extension for the needs of the Leszno District Museum
District Museum in Leszno, SARP Poznań Branchlocation
On March 10 this year, a one-stage competition organized by the Leszno District Museum and the SARP Poznań Branch was settled for the modernization and reconstruction of the corner, two-story building of the Old Vinegar House in Leszno for the purpose of arranging in its spaces the headquarters of the District Museum, an object that will become a unique, beautiful and strongly connected with the place, a new sign of the city. The planned investment should become a city and cultural center, provide proper conditions for employees and museum collections, be accessible to people with disabilities, and include public functions, such as a store or café. As the organizers of the competition emphasize, the building should move as much as possible towards energy neutrality, be an example of sustainable development and be part of the zero waste trend.
The jury composed of:
- Kazimierz Łatak - Chairman of the Court, SARP Branch Krakow, Małopolska Regional Chamber of Architects of the Republic of Poland
- Jarosław Wroński - Referee, SARP Poznań Branch, Wielkopolska Regional Chamber of Architects of the Republic of Poland
- Dr. Kamila Szymańska - Director of the District Museum in Leszno
- Bartosz Adamczak - Municipal Architect, Head of the Department of Architecture, Spatial Planning and Construction of the Leszno City Hall, the Wielkopolska Regional Chamber of Architects RP
- Maciej Urban - Municipal Conservator of Monuments in Leszno
- Ewa Panowicz - councilor of the Regional Assembly of the Wielkopolska Region
- Włodzimierz Mazurkiewicz - Director of the Department of Culture of the Marshal's Office of the Wielkopolska Region.
- Janusz Nowak - Chief Specialist in the Investment Office of the Marshal's Office of the Wielkopolska Region
- Konrad Grabowiecki - Judge of the SARP Warsaw Branch, Mazovian Regional Chamber of Architects of the Republic of Poland
- Piotr Grabowski - Judge, SARP Poznań Branch, Wielkopolska Regional Chamber of Architects of the RP
- Piotr Kostka - Deputy judge, SARP Poznań Branch, Wielkopolska Regional Chamber of Architects of the RP
- Zofia Kowalczys - Deputy judge, Deputy Director of the District Museum in Leszno
- Borys Wrzeszcz - Secretary of the competition, SARP Poznań Branch, Wielkopolska Regional Chamber of Architects of the Republic of Poland
- Małgorzata Darowna - Assistant secretary of the competition, Wielkopolska Regional Chamber of Architects of the Republic of Poland
- Katarzyna Wrońska - Competition coordinator, SARP Poznań Branch, Wielkopolska Okręgowa Izba Architektów RP
- Urszula Jaworska - Contest Administration, SARP Poznań Branch office
awarded three prizes and three honorable mentions. The first prize went to the project by Studio Lisiak from Poznan, the second prize was awarded to the proposal by JEMS Architekci studio from Warsaw, and the third prize to P2PA from Wroclaw. First Degree Honorable Mention went to Heinle, Wischer und Partner Architekci studio from Wroclaw, and equivalent Second Degree Honorable Mentions went to WXCA studio from Warsaw and Mikołaj Kwiecinski studio from Warsaw.