On October 6 this year in Łódź at SPATIF, we learned the results of the 59th Annual Zbyszek Zawistowski "DYPLOM OF THE YEAR" Award, edition 2023, organized by the Association of Polish Architects SARP, for the best diploma project defended in 2022. This year, the Grand Prize went to Ewelina Szeląg from the Warsaw University of Technology!
The award for the best master's diploma executed at the Faculties of Architecture of Polish universities has been given since 1964. For the past twenty years, it has carried the name of the SARP Annual Zbyszek Zawistowski "Diploma of the Year" Award.
The evaluation of the 25 diploma works presented by the finalists was made by a jury consisting of: Agnieszka Kalinowska- Soltys (president of SARP, chairwoman of the court), Wojciech Bielecki, Barbara Kozielewska, Katarzyna Krawczyk, Przemo Łukasik, Andrzej Owczarek, Dorota Szlachcic, Rafał Zelent, Rafał Gajewski (Cemex), Slawomir Bardziński (Yawal). The organizing secretaries were country arch. Marek Szeniwaski and Sylwia Gąsienica-Kleryk-Strynka.
The court decided the Annual Zbyszek Zawistowski Diploma of the Year Award and a cash prize of PLN 10,000 will be awarded to Ewelina Szeląg from the Faculty of Architecture at the Warsaw University of Technology, for her work entitled. "Architecture as a Carrier of Emotions in Memorial Sites. The Museum at Westerplatte." The thesis was promoted by Dr. Łukasz Piątek.
The jury also awarded three equivalent first-degree distinctions in the amount of PLN 2,500. They were awarded to:
- Nina Kamińska from Warsaw University of Technology (promoter: Prof. Ewa Kurylowicz),
- Maria Katsan from the Andrzej Frycz-Modrzewski Academy in Cracow (promoter: Dr. Piotr Wróbel),
- Weronika Kropidłowska from the Gdańsk University of Technology (promoter: Prof. Jakub Szczepański).
Two equivalent second-degree awards of PLN 1.5 thousand were also granted to:
- Joanna Lipnicka of the Magdalena Abakanowicz University of Arts in Poznań (promoter: Dr. Elżbieta Raszeja, prof. UAP),
- Marek Franciszek Martynowicz from the Warsaw University of Technology (promoter: Prof. Jan Słyk).
We will publish full information, the justification of the jury and the diploma charts once they are received by the competition organizers.