The end of December — because that's when we finished preparing the January issue — is the best time for all kinds of summaries. And like every year, we ask practitioners and architecture critics to write what they consider a success and what they consider a failure in a given year. We do it in the convention of Sink or Soar. We give our Authors total freedom of expression and do not moderate this discussion. Rather, we are very curious about it.
Previous episodes of the series featured:
- Oskar Grąbczewski—architect, OvO Grąbczewscy Architekci studio
- Filip Springer—reporter and photographer
- Hubert Wąsek—president of SARP Częstochowa Branch
- Maciej Franta—architect, founder of Franta Group Architects studio
- Marta Sekulska-Wronska—architect and partner at WXCA studio, president of OW SARP
- Tomasz Malkowski—architecture critic
- Małgorzata Kuciewicz and Simone De Iacobis—Centrala Group
- Wojciech Januszczyk—landscape architect and founder of the Landscapes Foundation
- Marek Kaszyński—president of SARP Krakow Branch
- Monika Arczyńska—architect (A2P2)
- Jakub Szczęsny—architect (SZCZ)
- Joanna Erbel—urban activist, housing expert
- Piotr Chuchacz—MPOIA's examiner
Barbara Nawrocka and Dominika Wilczynska in Sink or Soar from A&B 01|2023 issue
- All exhibitions designed by Central, including „Seeing Stones and Spaces Beyond the Valley / Seeing Stones and Spaces Beyond the Valley”, „Clothed House”, „Anthropocene”.
2. all texts from the magazine „Self-Portrait” in free access.
3. NIAiU's action „Designers_tresses for Ukraine” matching those offering work with those who need it.
4. Architectural responses to the housing crisis by Ukrainian architects and architects MetaLab, COHATY, VSIMDIM, Re:Ukraine System.
5. Karolina Częczek with a project about swimming pools invited to MoMA in New York.
6. formation of the Views project group.
7. Action „Windows for Ukraine” of the BRDA foundation.
- The entire architectural world waiting in the blocks to design Ukraine.
Barbara Nawrocka, Dominika Wilczynska
architects, Miastopracownia studio