Third-year students of the Faculty of Architecture at the Silesian University of Technology, as part of the City Structures course, conducted under the direction of Dr. Tomasz Bradecki, have prepared an exhibition entitled "Models of the Structure of the City of Zabrze." The opening, which will be held in a hybrid formula, will take place on June 22 this year at 11 am.
At the exhibition "Models ofthe structure of the city of Zabrze" presented in the gallery of the Architecture Department of the Silesian University of Technology, as well as online through the Youtube platform, students will present physical, digital and augmented reality models, of selected public spaces of the city of Zabrze. These models, will be viewable directly on a smartphone anywhere using a special application or through the website. During the exhibition, a video of the students' presentations will also be shown, and a discussion will be held. A publication describing the completed project will have its premiere.
The exhibition "Models of the structure of the city of Zabrze" is realized within the framework of the international project ARCHEA and in cooperation with the city of Zabrze. The event is held under the patronage of the Silesian Branch of the Society of Polish Town Planners.
Department of Architecture, Silesian University of Technology©
The event will be attended by invited guests:
- representatives of the city of Zabrze,
- representatives of the Silesian Branch of the Society of Polish Urban Planners,
- Prof. Allesandro Camiz from the Faculty of Architecture and Design at Özyeğin University in Istanbul. Allesandro Camiz is a graduate of architecture at Sapienza University in Rome. Prior to graduate school, he worked with Sartogo Architetti Associati. In 2007, he defended his doctoral thesis entitled "The History of Medieval Urban Planning in Ravenna" and continued his studies until 2014. He has taught at the University of Miami's School of Architecture and the Department of Architecture at the American University of Girne (Cyprus). He is a member of Italy's ICOMOS and secretary general of the Cyprus Network for Urban Morphology (CyNUM). He is currently an associate professor and director of the Dynamic Research Laboratory for Urban Morphology (DRUM) at Özyeğin University in Istanbul. His main research interests include architectural design, urban morphology and advanced digital technologies for the documentation and conservation of architectural heritage,
- Prof. Lamberto Amistadi of the Department of Architecture at the University of Bologna in Cesena. Lamberto Amistadi is an associate professor of architecture and urban planning and deputy director of the online magazine "FAMagazine" dedicated to architecture and urban research and projects. He co-directs the series "TECA. Teorie della Composizione architettonica" and, together with Ildebrando Clemente, founded and directs the series "SOUNDS: Architectural Theory and Openness." He is the author of numerous publications on architecture. Since 2018, he holds the position of coordinator and director of science of the international project ARCHEA Architectural European Medium-Large Arrangement conducted under the ERASMUS+ program.
This is another exhibition organized as part of the City Structures subject. Last year, students under the direction of Dr. Tomasz Bradecki presented models of the city of Aachen.
The exhibition will be held in a hybrid formula. Due to sanitary restrictions, the organizers invite online participation. The event with a limited number of guests will be broadcast on Youtube. The video of the ceremony will be playable at any time after the official opening of the exhibition.
- opening: June 22 this year at 11:00 am
- place: gallery of the Faculty of Architecture of the Silesian University of Technology and online transmission