Academy of Fine Arts in Gdansk
The academy was founded in 1945 in Sopot as the State Institute of Fine Arts, later renamed the State Higher School of Fine Arts in Gdansk (PWSSP). In 1954, the headquarters of the PWSSP was moved from Sopot to Gdansk, to the rebuilt Great Armory. In 1968, the college gained a new modernist wing designed by college professor Ryszard Semka. Since 1996 it has had the status of an Academy of Fine Arts.
In the section dedicated to the academy, we publish information on new student projects, e.g. the HUB tent, exhibitions, events.