deadline for submitting works15.02.2023
Competition for the best thesis on green roofs and living walls
organizer: Polish Association "Green Roofs"
The purpose of the second edition of the PSDZ competition for the best thesis is to promote the issue of green roofs, or living walls, in the broadest sense.
terms and conditions
The competition is organized by the Polish Green Roofs Association in cooperation with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
The competition is one-stage and addressed to students and graduates of Polish universities, who in their engineering/graduate or master's theses address the broadly understood issue of green roofs, or living walls.
The 2nd edition of the PSDZ competition for the best thesis can be submitted works that were defended in 2021 or 2022 and received at least a good grade and deal with the following issues:
- green roof,
- roof with plants in extensive cultivation (colloquially: extensive roof),
- roof with plants in intensive cultivation (colloquially: intensive roof),
- roof with plants in semi-intensive cultivation (colloquially: semi-intensive roof),
- biodiverse roof,
- living wall,
- plant wall,
- green facade,
- vertical garden.
- deadline for submissions: until February 15, 2023,
- announcement of results: by March 15, 2023,
- presentation of awards: during the PAPD conference on March 31, 2023.
Submitted works will be judged in three categories:
- best engineering thesis,
- best design thesis,
- best problem/experimental thesis.
The competition includes cash prizes.
Awards in the category of engineering thesis:
- 1st Prize - PLN 1500,
- II Prize - 800 PLN
- III Prize - 500 PLN.
Awards in the master's thesis category:
- 1st Prize - PLN 2000,
- II Award - 1000 PLN
- III Prize - 500 PLN.
Winners will also have the right to participate in events organized by PSDZ (conferences, training courses, national study tours) for one year from the date of the award.
The competition committee consists of five female members of the PSDZ, specializing in various green infrastructure issues:
- Magdalena Biela - deputy director of the Zakład Zieleni Miejskiej in Katowice,
- Balbina Gryczynska - CEO at CALLA Group,
- Dr. Justyna Rubaszek - architect, Wroclaw University of Life Sciences,
- Edyta Sierka, PhD - biologist, University of Silesia,
- Anna Sylwester-Czapla - director of Optigrün International AG branch in Poland,
- Dr. Ewa Walter - landscape architect, Wroclaw University of Life Sciences.
Work related to the competition is coordinated by Dr. Marta Weber-Siwirska, landscape architect from Wroclaw University of Life Sciences, president of the board of the PSDZ.
Katarzyna Wolanska, spokeswoman and member of the PSDZ board, is responsible for information activities.
The application form and regulations can be found on the PSDZ website.