deadline for submitting works14.05.2023
International competition "Copernicus - Constellations"
organizer: National Cultural Center
To celebrate the 550th birthday of Nicolaus Copernicus, the National Cultural Center is organizing an international competition for an outdoor spatial installation.
The organizers of the competition want to encourage participants to draw inspiration from the history and traditions of Polish culture and science, as well as to seek creative solutions in the area of exhibition design, with a particular focus on outdoor spatial installations addressed to a wide audience. Participation in the competition is intended to inspire the search for practical and universal design solutions while maintaining high attention to form and legibility of the content presented.
The purpose of the competition is also to popularize the figure and achievements of Nicolaus Copernicus, as one of the most prominent representatives of the Renaissance era, and to enrich public space with educational materials, presented in a modern form attractive to modern audiences.
terms and conditions
The competition is open and has a one-stage and international character. The competition is open to individuals as well as teams. The organizers allow a maximum of one entry to be sent by one person.
Participation in the competition consists in developing a design concept for an outdoor spatial installation, popularizing the activities of Nicolaus Copernicus, including:
- visualization of the project in the form of graphic files in PDF or JPG format
- preliminary detailed design with instructions for assembly and disassembly, with the dimensions of the installation not to exceed: H: 3 m; W: 2.5 m; L: 3 m, and the design of the installation must assume modularity of the installation, allowing easy assembly and disassembly of the installation,
- estimated cost of production of the installation,
- the design of the graphic identity for the installation, including a poster and a web banner, hereinafter collectively referred to as the „competition work”.
Additional forms of presentation of the work are allowed, and in the case of digital formats other than those mentioned above, they must open
in publicly available programs on Windows computers.
The competition work must include a substantive contribution in its entirety, in two language versions (Polish and English). The substantive contribution is attached as appendix no. 1 to the Regulations, and is also available for download on the website of the National Cultural Center.
The competition work should meet the condition in terms of its feasibility with a production budget of up to PLN 50,000 gross, as assumed by the organizer.
The competition work should take into account the logos of the organizer and the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage available for download on the websites of the National Cultural Center, and the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
In order to participate in the competition, the contest work must be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winning competition work will be awarded:
- by realization of the project of the author(s) by the National Cultural Center
- by concluding an agreement on the transfer of economic copyrights to the competition work to the organizer, as well as on the execution of a complete executive project enabling the production of the installation and performing the first-place author's supervision over the realization and exhibition of the installation made on the basis of the winning competition work,
- the total value of the contract is 13 thousand zlotys gross.
The competition work that receives the Second Prize will be awarded as follows:
- by concluding an agreement on the transfer of copyrights to the competition work to the organizer and the execution of a complete executive project enabling the production of the installation and performing author's supervision over the realization, and exhibition of the installation made on the basis of the competition work,
- the total value of the agreement is PLN 10 thousand gross.
The competition work that receives the Third Prize will be awarded as follows:
- through the conclusion of an agreement on the transfer of property rights to the competition work to the organizer and the execution of a
complete executive project enabling the production of the installation and performing the third-place author's supervision over the realization and exhibition of the installation made on the basis of the competition work,
- The total value of the agreement is PLN 7 thousand gross.
- deadline for submission of works: until May 14, 2023,
- announcement of results: May 29, 2023.
The evaluation of the works will be carried out by a jury, appointed by the organizer, consisting of no less than 5 members, who will also indicate the chairman of the jury. The composition of the jury will be announced on the competition website.
More details and downloadable materials can be found on the competition website.