PERVIA and DECO STONE - durable and innovative concrete pavements from CEMEX
CEMEX Polska Sp. z o.o. is a well-known and respected manufacturer of cement, aggregates and ready-mix concrete. In addition to standard structural concretes, the company offers unusual PERVIA water-permeable p avements and DECO STONE decorative surfacing concretes.
PERVIA - water-permeable concrete
The PERVIA family of water-permeable concretes are cavernous concretes, also known as drainage concretes. This type of product is characterized by high water permeability to the ground, made possible by a system of air voids. PERVIA mixtures are a specialized solution for the construction of durable and water-permeable pavements, ensuring the percolation of rainwater without discharging it into storm-water drains.
An ecological solution for urban and private spaces
Impervious pavements in cities and stormwater drainage systems that discharge rainwater into rivers contribute to inadequate soil hydration. Tight urban development and the reduction of "green" areas means that valuable water resources are irretrievably lost.
In order to reduce environmental disadvantages, CEMEX has created a modern solution dedicated to urban construction. The structure of PERVIA pavement is similar to loosely poured, water-permeable aggregate, yet as strong as standard concrete. Thanks to its specially designed composition and unique structure of a network of interconnected voids, Pervia paving allows water to flow freely and directly into the ground without the use of drainage.
Unusual PERVIA water-permeable pavements
Variety of applications for Pervia drainage concrete pavements
PERVIA is available in two types:
- PERVIA classic, used as a sub-base, which provides a water-permeable, even and durable base for paving materials such as polyurethane or concrete pavers, and
- PERVIA path, used as a water-permeable pavement to significantly reduce areas of stormwater runoff in urban areas and reduce the amount of precipitation going into storm drains. PERVIA path can be used in the construction of alleys, paths, squares, bicycle paths and bicycle parking spaces, as well as recreational zones and active leisure spaces, as well as in the construction of green roofs and for the foundation of terraces.
Unusual PERVIA water-permeable pavements
Benefits of PERVIA concretes
- Reducing the adverse effects of heavy rainfall in the city without investing in more efficient sewer networks.
- Relieving the strain on current storm sewers.
- Prevention of puddles and stagnant water.
- Reducing the negative effects of drought and heavy rains by retaining rainwater in the ground.
- Positive impact on surrounding vegetation due to better water supply to underground parts.
DECO STONE - paving concretes with exposed aggregate
DECO STONE concretes are also sometimes referred to as washed concretes because of the technology used to make them.
DECO STONE - pavement concretes with exposed aggregate
Color and texture, or the spectrum of DECO STONE concrete pavement variants
DECO STONEcan be designed in a wide range of colors and textures. To choose - the color of the concrete matrix - from natural gray to the color obtained through the use of pigments. Another element that determines the appearance is the type and fraction of aggregate - natural fine- or coarse-grained gravels or broken aggregates with a fixed color scheme, such as light gray granites, black basalts or dark Devonian dolomites. The final factor determining the appearance of the pavement is the depth of washout - there are several variations that can be used depending on the fraction of aggregate used.
DECO STONE pavements - technically perfect
DECO STONE products are paving concretes with strength class C30/37 and exposure class XF3 or XF4, which means they are fully resistant to frost, as well as de-icing agents. They are not overgrown with greenery and are easy to keep clean. They are made using monolithic technology, that is, they are poured directly on site. Expansion joints are necessary, which can be achieved either by proper planning of working fields or by cutting the expansion joints with a concrete saw. Instead of cut expansion joints, lines can be made from small-size elements, such as stone or paving blocks.
DECO STONE - surface concretes with exposed aggregate
CEMEX offers a wide range of concrete mixtures, including:
- DECO STONE GRAVA with gravel aggregate
- DECO STONE SEMOLA with crushed aggregate
- fine-grained texture up to 8 mm, coarse-grained texture up to 16 mm
- micro leaching, shallow leaching, deep leaching.
DECO STONE concretes can come in gray color or in shades obtained by using white, yellow, red or black pigments. It is also possible to use other pigments - depending on the desired effect.
CEMEX - individual design support
Do you want to design a water-permeable sidewalk or a durable and architecturally unique surface? CEMEX specialists provide full support in pavement design, from developing a visual pattern to planning cross sections, expansion joints and finishing details.
Get in touch with the experts!
For more information, visit the company's CEMEX Polska Sp. z o.o. page on the A&B portal.